A plan for the future of the False Creek Flats to become a more productive, sustainable, and connected area of our city is in its final phase of development.
Join us at an open house
The draft plan will be presented at a public open house:
- Wednesday, January 25 from 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- 231 Industrial Avenue (enter off of Southern Street)
The open house will give you a chance to see how input has helped shape the plan and provide feedback on the proposed policies. Staff will use feedback to further refine the draft plan before it is presented to Council for consideration this spring.
Developing a plan for False Creek Flats
Since launching the False Creek Flats planning process in 2015, we have been working with the Vancouver Economic Commission and the community to develop a plan for this unique neighbourhood that has an important economic role within our city.
The draft plan will detail proposed policies that were developed based on contributions from community members and key stakeholders through open houses, workshops, stakeholder meetings, and surveys.
Focus of the draft plan
The False Creek Flats draft plan focuses on:
- Increasing employment from 8,000 to at least 30,000 jobs over the 30-year life of the plan
- Establishing programs and supports for local businesses and strategic economic sectors
- Supporting existing businesses, artists, and industry to maximize operations
- Supporting innovation, creative and digital businesses, health care and life sciences, food and service industries
- Creating the right kinds of spaces and infrastructure to meet business needs
- Developing interesting and active public places for area employees to enjoy
- Connecting places, spaces, and surrounding neighbourhoods
- Addressing and responding to challenges of climate change and seismic vulnerability