The B.C. technology sector is a major driver of economic growth in the province, with tech employment at its highest level ever recorded. The demand for talent in B.C.’s tech sector is increasing faster than the supply.
The priorities for the Ministry of Jobs, Trade and Technology include establishing B.C. as a preferred location for new and emerging technologies, increasing the growth of domestic B.C. tech companies, and removing barriers to attracting skilled workers.
In support of these ministry priorities, a pilot under the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) works to ensure the technology sector can attract and retain the talent it needs to be sustained and to grow the sector further.
What does the BC PNP Tech Pilot look like?
BC PNP staff work with employers to address their talent needs by providing a fast-track, permanent immigration pathway for in-demand foreign workers and international students.
The BC PNP Tech Pilot features:
- A dedicated concierge service so tech employers understand the immigration process with timely and relevant information about the application process
- Weekly invitations for tech registrants to apply so employers have timely access to qualified individuals in the 32 key technology occupations
- Priority processing to meet the sector’s fast-paced demands so if you are working in the technology sector and you submit a complete application to the BC PNP, your file will be assigned the next business day to our dedicated technology sector focused team
- Focused outreach and engagement with the technology sector and industry partners with tailored presentations, networking opportunities and one-on-one employer support
For more information
- Go to the BC PNP Tech Pilot page for full information about the pilot
- Check out the BC PNP Tech Pilot information sheet for a printable, high-level overview of the information
- Read the BC PNP Tech Pilot FAQs document for specific answers to questions about the Tech Pilot
- Refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide for information about the program criteria