Are you a video game/e-sports enthusiast who wants to develop Metro Vancouver as a global e-sports hub? Are you a resourceful and organized self-starter motivated by your professionalism and can-do attitude? Are you a hard worker that thrives when building relationships? If so, you may be a great fit for the position of E-sports Coordinator with the Vancouver Economic Commission.
As the City of Vancouver’s agency for economic development, the Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) works to position Vancouver as a globally recognised city for innovative, creative and sustainable business. We do this by strengthening Vancouver’s Tech, Digital Entertainment and Green Economy sectors through strategic programs and initiatives that address each stage of the business growth continuum. The VEC’s work includes advising business leaders; connecting businesses to talent, capital and markets; and promoting Vancouver as a premier destination for smart talent, capital and business. Learn more about what we do.
Job Title: E-Sports Coordinator
Employment Type: 12 Month, Full-time Contract
Deadline: August 16th, 2019 via Indeed
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning – Reporting into the Director of Media & Entertainment, you will establish an approved workplan and critical path for the year-long project
- Outreach – Identify and secure stakeholders for interviews and roundtables throughout the year; set and manage attendee expectations through consistent communication and organisation
- Develop – partnerships and initiatives to pursue E-Sports opportunities in Vancouver including setting and managing partner expectations
- Coordinate efforts to develop Vancouver’s E-Sports cluster across academic institutions, industry leaders, government and associations
- Data – Develop surveys for targeted data collection and distribution using data analysis and synthesis
- Project Management – administration and collaboration with expert research and writing contractors
- Report & Strategy Development – refine findings and highlight insights for E-Sports report and strategy
- Logistics Support – ensure all aspects of roundtable logistics are organized and coordinated, from catering and furniture to audio-visual presentations, collateral, nametags, etc.
- Cross industry – identify business stakeholders in complementary digital and event industries, such as video games, VRAR, brand sponsors and stadium sports, for interviews and roundtables
- Detail-oriented with experience in coordinating logistics for executive meetings
- Track record in convening industry executives, documenting and synthesizing written outcomes
- Experience coordinating third party consulting deliverables
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in a related field such as creative industries, research, communications, marketing, economics or business
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent project management & organizational skills
- Demonstrated track record in coordinating reports, including data and editorial cycle management
- Familiarity with research methodologies and survey techniques
- Relevant business experience in video games and/or E-Sports
- Must have a demonstrated interest in the digital entertainment industry and/ or digital economic development
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Bonus Points: Knowledge of Salesforce CRM
Required Skills and Experience:
How to Apply
Applications are now closed.