New & Noteworthy
1. The provincial government has unveiled the series of steps comprising its Restart Plan, including measures and considerations for a gradual and safe reopening of the economy. Read it for yourself.
2. Robust public transportation options are integral to healthy and connected cities, which is why the Province and TransLink are working in tandem to understand TransLink’s role in BC’s Restart Plan, and why TransLink has rescinded the approx. 1500 layoff notices issued recently. Read the release.
3. AbCellera Biologics Describes Unprecedented Speed of Innovation: the Vancouver-based AbCellera team identified 500 antibodies with potential to treat the respiratory illness – the world’s largest panel of antibodies to date. Read the article.
Government of Canada Province of British Columbia City of Vancouver
As the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold, we will continue to work on improving the resilience of Vancouver’s diverse, low-carbon economy by:
- sharing relevant information and resources with the business community
- working with strategic partners to understand impacts to business
- and working together to develop a Vancouver-centric economic recovery strategy.
Need to talk to someone?
If you are a resident or business looking for more information, there are number of service lines that have been made available.
- City of Vancouver
3-1-1 for non-medical information related to COVID-19. If you’re a business, the City also has a business support inquiry form
- Province of British Columbia
1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319), available 7 days a week from 7:30AM-8:00PM
- WorkplaceBC Prevention Information Lines
604 276-3100 (Lower Mainland), toll-free 1-888-621-7233 (1-888-621-SAFE) (Canada)
- Government of Canada
1-833-784-4397 (or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or review frequently asked questions)